Small Space Living - Home Tour -
With a small home comes the uncertainty of designing a small space. How do you create a nice flow? How do you maximize your home so that you have storage and functionality? Questions that I get on a daily basis. I reached out to Ghalib who has done a fantastic job at designing his New York City apartment. As he gives us a full tour, he also explains his strategy in making his space feel bright with a nice flow.
When you are designing your home, choose light colored furniture and wall paint to precent your home from feeling cramped. Don't choose big furniture, make sure you have a measuring tape at hand.
- Pick out your furniture wisely. Pieces that can serve as storage is the way to go.
- Place your furniture strategically so that you have separate living space.
- Declutter, the more things you have, the more cramped your home will feel.
- If your home does not have a lot of natural lighting coming in, use floor lamps, table lamps and ceiling lighting to brighten up your space.
- If you do have windows, don't blog the natural light with shades, use curtains to allow in as much light as possible during the day.
- Stick to the same design style and colors throughout your home for a nice flow.